MEd, Guidance Counseling
What's the most important thing to know about Mrs. Holbrook the counselor at Nooksack Middle School?
I am here for you!
Please come visit my office....I have an open door policy!
That means students, parents and staff are welcome anytime. Call, E-mail or drop by.
Mission of the NVMS School Counseling Program:
"In partnership with families and community, the mission of the Nooksack Valley Comprehensive School Counseling Department is to advocate for the lifelong academic, career, and social/emotional development and success of ALL students."
Some of the ways school counselors help students and families:
- Small groups for counseling and skill building
- Individual counseling with students
- Classroom guidance lessons
- Assist with referrals for additional school services as well as community services for students and families
- Consulting with parents in private conferences about their child
- Coordinate and plan school-wide advisory goals and activities
- Assist students in thinking about and planning for life after high school
- Intervene and assist when crises or emergencies arise